No products in the cart.
Chocolate Cream Pie – Sugar Free
My husband LOVES this pie - yours will love it too! So little effort for such big smiles when your family hears the words Chocolate Cream Pie. Everyone LOVES Chocolate Cream Pie. Use the technique to make banana cream pie, or even butterscotch cream pie with different cookie crusts, and pudding mix combinations. A simple yet impressive holiday dessert - great alternative to a pumpkin pie or cheesecake.
- One package Murray Sugar Free Chocolate Sandwich Cookies - or Sugar Free Oreos
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted - use real butter
- One 4-serving size package sugar free JELL-O chocolate pudding mix - the kind you cook
- 2 cups whole milk - you need a little fat for creaminess, but this is still delicious with low fat milk
- Redi Whip Light Whipped Cream or Land O Lakes Sugar Free Whipped Cream
- Pulse the cookies in a large bowl of a food processor until coarsely ground - add butter and pulse a few times until mixture resembles damp sand. (If you don't have a food processor, you may crush cookies in a sealed bag using a rolling pin, wine bottle, or heavy saucepan. Add the melted butter to the bag and smooge around the bag until the crumbs are evenly moistened.)
- Transfer crumb mixture into a glass or metal pie plate. Use the bottom of a small measuring cup to press the crumbs evenly on the bottom and up the sides. Chill while preparing the filling.
- Pour the pudding mix powder into a medium pot, add the milk and cook over medium high heat, slowly whisking while it heats. Cook until thick and glossy (as per the package directions) Pour into pie crust - place plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding and chill at least four hours.
- Just before serving, pile on the whipped cream, and cut into wedges. However, I prefer to cut into wedges and then add the whipped cream to each piece of pie as the leftovers stay fresher in the fridge without whipped cream. Grate a little dark chocolate over the top or add a single perfect maraschino cherry to the top.
Serving size: Serves 8