Lemon Bars made with Truvia® natural sweetener
These are incredible - really tart with perfect creamy texture and buttery crust. They are rich, so make sure you cut them into small squares. I love the way Truvia works in replacing the sugar. All around a fab dessert for an office party, holiday buffet, birthday celebration, or when you have friends over for dinner. No one will know that they are sugar free.
Serves: Makes 24 squares
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup Truvia® natural sweetener spoonable – in the small container, not the packets
- ½ cup butter – cut into 1 inch pieces
- 7 large egg yolks plus 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Truvia® for Baking natural sugar replacer
- Zest of 2 lemons
- ⅔ cup lemon juice – from 3 or 4 medium lemons
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pulse the flour, Truvia, and butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse meal – 20 to 30 seconds. Transfer crumb to prepared pan and press firmly with fingers into an even layer over pan bottom.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until light golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, beat eggs with the Truvia in a medium saucepan. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice – whisk 10 seconds. Add butter and cook over medium heat stirring with a wooden spoon until the curd thickens to a sauce like consistency, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Pour onto hot crust and continue baking until the filling is shiny and the center seems firm but still has a slight jiggle, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool completely and cut 6 bars long by 4 bars wide for 24 pieces.