It's hard to believe that four ingredients can be this crazy delicious! It doesn't get any faster either. An excellent first food that you can also serve to family. This recipe is a great way to wrap your brain around how you can prepare WLS-friendly food that your family will also love! I serve this to my family with grilled cheese sandwiches - supper is on the table in fifteen minutes. Everyone will LOVE this meal.
- 2 cans black beans, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth - Swanson Natural Goodness is excellent
- 2 cups salsa - use your favorite brand from a jar or container of fresh from the produce section
- Juice of one lime
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Greek yogurt & chopped cilantro
Combine beans, broth, salsa, and lime juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to medium pot, bring to a simmer over medium heat. Season to taste with salt, if needed.
NOTE: add a big spoonful of Greek yogurt blended with PURE Unflavored Whey Protein Isolate to boost protein level - PURE adds protein without changing texture or flavor of your favorite foods!