No products in the cart.
This is the holiday recipe that I get the most requests to ‘slim down’.
The traditional version is a very fattening, high carb, high sugar dish that everyone loves, so the challenge is to keep the signature flavors but eliminate the higher carb components.
We start with juicy delicious pineapple chunks, but make sure you use Dole or Libby’s Splenda Pineapple chunks and Splenda Mandarins to reduce sugar. We boost orange flavor by adding sugar free preserves and a burst of freshly grated zest. The cheese blend adds the familiar creamy tangy component, but we have lightened the fat. Unsweetened dried coconut is getting more commonplace in grocery stores ethnic sections, but you can also use unsweetened frozen grated coconut as well.
I think you will be very happy to serve this salad to your family on a holiday table or to take to an office party or event. It is simple to double or make as a multiple for a large gathering.
Ambrosia Salad No Sugar Added
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 1 can Dole pineapple tidbits in natural juice
- 1 can Splenda sweetened mandarin oranges
- ½ cup ricotta
- ½ cup FAGE plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Jell-O Sugar Free Vanilla Instant Pudding mix powder
- ⅓ cup Smuckers Sugar Free Orange Preserves
- ½ cup shaved unsweetened coconut
- Drain pineapple tidbits and mandarin oranges and set aside
- Whisk together ricotta and Greek yogurt until smooth. Slowly add pudding mix while whisking until smooth and creamy - blend in preserves and coconut.
- Carefully fold in drained pineapple and mandarin oranges. Cover and chill until serving time.