No products in the cart.
Bacon Wrapped Roasted Jalapeno Poppers
Perfect Superbowl food - bacon makes it better, and the addition of jalapeno and cheddar puts it over the top.
- 12 large jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese - reduced fat Cabot brand cheddar is superb
- 3 green onions, very finely minced
- 12 slices bacon
- Cut each pepper in half lengthwise - scoop out seeds and membranes with a spoon.
- Blend cream cheese, cheddar, and green onion until smooth - chill mixture to firm. Spoon out a small portion of cheese filling, rolling the into a small pepper shaped bullet, filling one half of the pepper and topping with the other half to enclose cheese filling. Do not overfill.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around the pepper, overlapping slightly. Secure ends with a small bamboo skewer or toothpick and arrange on baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Can be refrigerated at this point until ready to cook.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and roast the peppers 25 to 30 minutes, until bacon is browned and jalapenos are softened. Serve hot.
Serving size: Serves 12