No products in the cart.
Rich with tomato and molasses – good old fashioned New England baked beans. Delicious with a backyard burger
Boston Baked Beans
- 4 strips bacon or salt pork or jowl bacon cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup Toriani Sugar Free Caramel Syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Two, 15-ounce cans small white or Navy beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a heavy, medium size saucepan, cook the bacon over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, until it begins to brown and crisp. Add the onion, stir well and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is tender, 5 minutes more. Add the vinegar, tomato paste, sugar free syrup, and molasses. Add the beans and season with the dry mustard, salt and pepper. Stir to mix and reduce heat to low. Cover the pan and simmer the beans 30 to 40 minutes until the sauce is rich and thick and the beans have absorbed plenty of flavor.
- I have a traditional bean pot - and will bake my bean mixture for the 30 to 40 minutes - nice presentation!