No products in the cart.
Broccoli Bacon Swiss Quiche
We call this Broccoli Bacon Swiss PIE in my house, as my husband does not like 'Quiche' but LOVES Broccoli Bacon Swiss PIE. Real mean don't eat Quiche - they eat PIE! BY any name this dish is perfect.
- Pastry crust - optional
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, diced red pepper, or favorite vegetable mix
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups (about 6 ounces) grated Swiss
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Place your pie plate on a cookie sheet.
- Saute the onion and bacon until the onion is soft and golden. Add the broccoli and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside to cool while you prepare the custard.
- Beat eggs until well blended. Whisk in the milk, salt pepper, and nutmeg. Arrange half the cheese in the bottom of the prepared crust, add the sauteed items, pour in the egg mixture to fill to the top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until just set and slightly puffed around the sides as in the photo, but still a tiny bit jiggly or soft in the two inch circle of the center when you gently shake the oven rack. Usually a pie will bake for about 35 minutes, but begin checking it at 30 minutes and cook until it is done. Let cool for 15 minutes, cut it into wedges and serve.
- You will thank me for this easy meal once you taste this!
Serving size: Serves 6