No products in the cart.
Chicken, Ham & Swiss Rolls
This is one of my favorite dishes, also known as Chicken Cordon Bleu. It is fast and fairly simple to make at home. Pounding the chicken breast makes it very tender plus the ham and cheese keep it juicy and moist. Some of you may need a dipping sauce and a small dollop of equal parts Dijon mustard and mayonnaise works well and adds flavor. All you need to complete this meal is a tossed green salad or some sautéed spinach.
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- Dijon or whole grained mustard
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ¼ cup Panko or fresh breadcrumbs (1 slice of sandwich bread pulsed in the food processor)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap; working from the center to the edges, lightly pound with the flat side of a meat mallet or the bottom of a small heavy skillet to a uniform ¼ inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap.
- Place one slice of ham and one slice of cheese on each chicken piece then smear with mustard; fold in the sides and roll up jelly-roll style, securing both ends with toothpicks. Arrange chicken rolls in a shallow baking dish; brush with melted butter and sprinkle with the fresh or Panko crumbs. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until chicken rolls are cooked though. Cut each roll into ½ inch thick slices and fan out on individual plates.
Serving size: Serves 4