No products in the cart.
Chicken in Creole Orange Sauce
This recipe features moist and tender chicken thighs and legs in a snappy sweet and tangy sauce. I serve it with asparagus roasted in garlic and olive oil. The texture of the chicken pieces is moist and delicious.
- 2 ½ pounds skinless chicken thighs and or legs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Creole or wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon Smuckers Sugar Free Orange Preserves
- ¼ cup fat free half & half
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large covered nonstick skillet and brown the chicken pieces. Add the orange juice and chicken broth to the pan, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 45 to 60 minutes, until chicken is very tender. Remove the chicken to a large bowl. Add the mustard, preserves, half & half, and Tabasco to the skillet, increase the heat to medium and simmer until the sauce is thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Return the chicken to the sauce and turn to coat.
Serving size: Serves 4