No products in the cart.
Homestyle No Sugar Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cups ketchup - Heinz has a Reduced Sugar variety
- 1½ cups tomato sauce
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup Smucker's Sugar Free Apricot Preserves
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil over medium high heat until golden brown and softened. Reduce heat to low and add ketchup, tomato sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, preserves, salt, pepper, chili powder, and Liquid Smoke; simmer 30 to 45 minutes, until mixture is thick and delicious.
- Sauce those ribs, burgers, and chicken!