No products in the cart.
Italian Sausage & Artichoke Puff
- 8 ounces Jimmy Dean Italian Sausage
- 1 medium red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 large eggs, well beaten
- ½ cup milk
- One, 15-ounce container part skim milk ricotta
- ½ cup Bisquick baking mix - I buy an small serving envelope instead of a box
- One, 15-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, well drained
- 2 cups shredded Italian Blend cheese – most stores carry three and four cheese blends
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil or parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Non-stick vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat oven 325°.
- In a large nonstick skillet, sauté the sausage, peppers and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain off any fat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer beat the eggs until thick and lemon colored – blend in the milk, ricotta, and Bisquick. Fold in the cooled cooked sausage and vegetable mixture, artichokes, cheese, Italian seasoning, and salt. Pour into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish coated with vegetable cooking spray – OR divide mixture between twelve large muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before cutting into 12 squares (divide into 4 along the long side of pan and divide by 3 along short side of pan)
Serving size: Serves 12