Nut Crusted Turkey Cutlets
Delicious coating that is better than using breadcrumbs. Use this coating for shrimp, chicken, pork, veal... just about anything.
- ⅔ cup pecans or almonds
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground thyme
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- One pound turkey cutlets, cut from a breast or tenderloin and pounded into thin cutlets
- Pulse the nuts, Parmesan, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs and transfer to a shallow dish. Dredge each turkey cutlet, one at a time in the egg, and lightly coat with nut mixture, pressing to adhere to both sides.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Arrange half the crusted turkey cutlets in the pan and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side until golden on each side and cooked through. Remove to paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining cutlets. Serve immediately.