No products in the cart.
Biscotti means twice baked in Italian, and these little gems are one of my favorite sugar free treats. After a fine meal, relax with a cup of cappuccino in which to dip your sugar free biscotti!
These cookies taste so good that I have no desire to eat anything with real sugar on our family holiday table. Food this good is a pleasure and not a punishment or compromise. I live and love this lifestyle and so will you!
Pistachio Cranberry Biscotti sugar free
Serves: Makes about 24 biscotti
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup Splenda granular (OR ⅔ cup Truvia Baking Blend)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups California Almond Flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of table salt
- ¾ cup pistachio nuts
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Using a food processor pulse the egg and egg yolk until thick and lemon-colored. Add the Splenda, butter, vanilla and almond extracts and continue pulsing until well blended. Mix the almond flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Add to the egg mixture and pulse until well blended and dough gathers into a ball.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Turn dough out onto a piece of parchment or wax paper and knead in the pistachios. Do not overwork the dough. Divide the dough in half and using the paper, roll into two 8-inch-long by 2-inch-wide flattened log shapes. Transfer to a baking sheet by picking up the paper and rolling the biscotti log onto the sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Cool completely on the baking sheet. Carefully remove the biscotti logs to a cutting board and using a serrated knife and gentle sawing motion, cut into ½ inch thick slices. Arrange the slices on the same baking sheet. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes at 350°F until golden brown. Cool and store in an airtight container.