No products in the cart.
Citrus Chicken with Salsa Fresca
Smoked paprika is made from Spanish sweet red peppers that are naturally smoked over wood planks. It adds incredible color and flavor to the chicken and compliments the citrus in the marinade and the salsa in this superb dish.
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Juice of ½ orange (if you don’t have an orange the juice of one lime or lemon is just as delicious)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 diced Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons diced red or white onion
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or flat leaf parsley
- Juice of 1 lime (1 tablespoon)
- Sea salt
- Combine the paprika, juice, oil, salt, and garlic in a medium bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat with the paste. Chicken may be covered and placed in the refrigerator to marinate overnight, however, if cooking immediately, set aside bowl on the counter, and prepare the Salsa Fresca.
- Arrange chicken pieces on a smoking hot grill and cook until juices run clear and internal temperature reads 155 degrees, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Toss the tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro with the lime juice in a large bowl; season with salt. Top chicken with pan juices and ¼ cup Salsa Fresca.
Serving size: Serves 4