No products in the cart.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Two, 15 ounce cans chickpeas, drained
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons tahini, toasted sesame paste (I use unsweetened peanut butter in a pinch)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon harissa, or other hot pepper condiment, to taste
- 10 ounce jar roasted red peppers
- Kosher salt
- Pulse the chickpeas and garlic in the food processor until uniformly ground. Add the lemon juice and tahini. If needed, add ¼ water so that the chickpea mixture becomes a smooth paste. Add the cumin, paprika, harissa, half of the roasted red peppers, and ½ teaspoon salt. Process until smooth. Taste for spiciness and add more harissa as needed.
- Add the remaining roasted red peppers and pulse to coarsely chop. Enjoy as a dip or sauce for grilled tofu skewers.
- *Harissa is a Tunisian hot pepper sauce. If you can't find harissa, use any other spicy pepper sauce you have on hand.