No products in the cart.
Peach Cobbler sugar free
My husband is from Georgia and this is how his mama taught me to make Peach Cobbler, only she uses regular sugar. Splenda works well to sweeten the peaches and syrup, but you do need to use either Nature Sweet or Whey Low as part of the cake batter that you pour into the dish before adding the peaches. This is one of the most delicious no added sugar desserts on the planet but remember that it has natural sugar and carbs so only a SMALL portion. I only make this when we have company and I know they will eat every bit in the baking dish. It is that good! Of course I serve this warm with vanilla ice cream to the regular folk and have my half cup portion in a bowl, naked… wow, it’s delicious and peaches are in season.
- 4 cups peeled, sliced peaches - about 8 large
- 1 cup Splenda
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup Nature Sweet or Whey Low
- 1½ cups self-rising flour
- 1½ cups milk
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the peaches, Splenda, and ½ cup water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the melted butter in a 3-quart baking dish and set aside.
- Slowly mix Nature Sweet sugar replacer, flour, and milk. Pour mixture over melted butter in the baking dish. Do not stir. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. Sprinkle top with ground cinnamon. Batter will rise to top during baking. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
Serving size: Serves 6