No products in the cart.
Tomato Basil Soup
When you try this super easy and delicious soup, you'll never be happy with canned tomato soup again! How can six ingredients be so good? A perfect post-op meal when you swirl in PURE Unflavored Whey Protein Isolate that you have dissolved in a little milk or even Greek yogurt. Serve to your family with a small salad or turkey sandwich for a simple weekend supper. Give this one a try - it's a keeper!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- One 28-ounce can Italian Plum Tomatoes in puree
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Basil (in a tube in the produce section) or 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 4 cups chicken broth - Swanson Natural Goodness is excellent
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic - cook until softened. Place the cooked vegetables and the tomatoes in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the creamy tomato mixture back into the pot - stir in the basil and the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with a swirl of about a tablespoon of half & half if desired.
Serving size: Serves 4