No products in the cart.
Zucchini in Red Sauce
I love zucchini and it's a perfectly textured and super delicious. I pick up small tender organic zucchini and make this dish at least once a week. The leftovers make an excellent lunch for work - I pair my dish of zucchini with a bit of Greek yogurt or Polly-O ricotta for protein.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups prepared spaghetti sauce - I use Barilla, Mario Batali, Gia Russo, or Classico store brands if I dont have my own made
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 ounces of Parmesan cheese, shave into thin slices with vegetable peeler
- Cut the zucchini crosswise into ¼ inch thick slices - if zucchini are large cut lengthwise first.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet and sauté the zucchini until it begins to soften. Add the sauce; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until zucchini is tender. Spoon onto plates and add Parmesan flakes.
- Transfer to serving bowl and scatter with pecorino romano. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Serves 4