No products in the cart.
Italian Orange Cream sugar free
This cool smooth pudding comes together in minutes and has a wonderful pop of fresh orange. I happen to have a small bottle of Fiori de Sicilia extract which is an orange water from Italy - just a drop takes this sugar free dessert over the top.
- 2 cups low fat milk
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ cup Truvia or Splenda granulated sweetener
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest (about 2 medium oranges)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (about four medium oranges)
- Blend the milk, cornstarch, yolks, sugar replacer, and orange zest in a saucepan and slowly whisk over medium heat. When it has become thick and smooth, remove from the heat, stir in the orange juice.
- Allow to come to room temperature, then chill. Serve in small bowls.
Serving size: Serves 4