No products in the cart.
Delicious blended with a little whipped cream as a mousse to to fill the Athens pre-baked phyllo tartlettes in the frozen food section.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup Whey Low or Nature Sweet sugar replacer
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- ⅔ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Beat the butter and Whey Low with an electric mixer in a large bowl for two minutes. Slowly add the eggs and yolks and beat until combined. Stir in the lemon juice. The mixture will look curdled, but will smooth out as it cooks.
- Cook the lemon mixture in a medium saucepan over low heat until smooth. Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, 10 to 12 minutes, until the mixture is thick and glossy. Do not allow mixture boil.
- Remove the curd from the heat; stir in the lemon zest and transfer to a bowl.
- Press plastic wrap onto the surface of the lemon curd to keep a skin from forming and chill for at least four hours.