No products in the cart.
Pork with Vinegar Cherry Peppers
This is a classic in many Italian American restaurants. When my friend Maryellen Ruggiero asked me to share the recipe for my version - I realized that while I loved the dish, I didn't have a version! My Southern husband loves cherry peppers so it was a great idea for supper. The pork was tender and the snappy sauce... delicious. If you do not eat pork or meat... this dish is FABULOUS with sliced firm tofu. Season and brown the tofu as you would the pork chops and proceed with the recipe.
Serves: Serves 2
- 2 pork chops, boneless skinless for a faster supper, old fashioned center cut when you have more time
- Smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ cup sliced hot or sweet cherry peppers - read label and use an Italian brand packed in vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar from jar of peppers
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Generously season pork chops with paprika, salt, and pepper. Saute pork in 2 teaspoons olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, 4 to 6 minutes, until beautifully browned. Add garlic and saute for one additional minute - add the peppers, vinegar, and chicken broth to sizzle and deglaze the pan - lower heat and simmer 3 to 4 minutes until cooked through and sauce is thickened.