No products in the cart.
Salsa Grand Mayan
You will never buy salsa in a jar again after you make this six ingredient recipe - it will be your most requested dish for weekends, parties, and family gatherings. Double or triple it with ease! You can thank me later. Simplicity at it's best. This very easy recipe, from The Grand Mayan resort in the Riviera Maya, is the best salsa you have ever tasted, or maybe its channeling the feeling you would have if you were relaxing poolside at one of most beautiful and relaxing resorts on the planet. Blend a cup of salsa with grilled shrimp and have a meal fit for a King (or Mayan Goddess).
- 2 pounds ripe plum or Roma tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 fresh jalapeños
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro including soft stems
- Juice of 2 limes
- Sea salt
- Preheat broiler to 450 or highest setting.
- Arrange tomatoes, jalapeños, onion, and garlic on a shallow baking pan. Turn the ingredients frequently until charred on all sides, about 12 to 15 minutes - flesh should be soft and charred. Remove to a bowl if some vegetables are charred sooner than others.
- Transfer softened vegetables to the blender and pulse a few times for few seconds - you want the mixture to have a coarse texture. Add the cilantro and pulse again. Season with lime juice and salt - about 1 teaspoon salt to start - use as a sauce for thinly sliced grilled meats or seafood. Enjoy!
- Also excellent used as a topping for grilled baked broiled pan seared fish, chicken, pork, turkey, beef!