No products in the cart.
Over the last 30 years, my Georgia born husband has been known to toss a plastic container of pimento cheese into our grocery cart. One Saturday morning, I had an epiphany while watching Paula Deen talk about making pimento cheese – pimento cheese is homemade! That processed plastic tub is certainly not from Ty’s childhood – he tells me this version tastes like the bowl in Mama Jack’s icebox. <<proud>>
Blend PURE Unflavored Whey Protein Isolate into the Greek yogurt/mayonnaise mixture before folding in the cheese – 1/2 cup adds over 40 grams of clean protein.
- 3 tablespoons Hellmann’s Light Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Fage Total Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Truvia sweetener or 2 teaspoons Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and a few grinds of black pepper
- 1/2 cup PURE Unflavored Whey Protein Isolate
- One 6-ounce jar whole pimentos – well drained and diced
- 8 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar – shred using a box grater
Blend the mayonnaise, yogurt, garlic powder, Truvia, salt, pepper and PURE in a medium bowl – stir in the pimentos then fold in the shredded cheddar. Mixture will be a bit hard to blend, but will turn creamier once it melds together in the bowl. Cover and chill.
Serve small scoops on top of cucumber rounds or eat a small scoop from a dish – makes a delicious office lunch.