No products in the cart.
A great dessert to satisfy a serious chocolate craving – easy to make with just 5 ingredients.
This simple brownie is sweetened with Truvia Baking Blend which is an excellent natural, low calorie, sugar replacer that uses stevia leaf. It has a clean sweet flavor and works beautifully in this recipe. I was inspired by the recipe for Maryland Brownies in Nick Malgieri’s ‘How to Bake’. If you don’t like nuts in brownies, leave them out.
Brownies - no added sugar with Truvia
- ½ cup butter
- 2 ounces 70% dark chocolate (half plus one square of big bar - Ghiradelli, Lindt, Godiva all work)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Truvia
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat stirring until smooth - remove from heat to cool. Beat eggs with Truvia in a medium bowl until blended - stir in cooled chocolate mixture. Lightly fold in flour and walnuts. (Overblending makes dry brownies!)
- Pour into an 8 inch square pan that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake until firm but slightly soft near center, 15 to 20 minutes. Brownies are best when slightly under-baked. Cool before cutting into 2 inch squares.
Serving size: Makes 16 brownies