No products in the cart.
This simple brownie is sweetened with Truvia Baking Blend which is an excellent natural, low calorie, sugar replacer that uses stevia leaf. It has a clean sweet flavor and works beautifully in this recipe. I was inspired by the recipe for Maryland Brownies in Nick Malgieri’s ‘How to Bake’. If you don’t like nuts in brownies, leave them out. A great dessert to satisfy a serious chocolate craving – easy to make with just 5 ingredients.
Brownies - no added sugar with Truvia
- ½ cup butter
- 2 ounces 70% dark chocolate (half plus one square of big bar - Ghiradelli, Lindt, Godiva all work)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Truvia
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat stirring until smooth - remove from heat to cool. Beat eggs with Truvia in a medium bowl until blended - stir in cooled chocolate mixture. Lightly fold in flour and walnuts. (Overblending makes dry brownies!)
- Pour into an 8 inch square pan that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until firm but still slightly soft near center. Brownies are best when slightly under-baked. Cool before cutting into 2 inch squares.
Serving size: Makes 16 brownies