No products in the cart.
Lemon Bars, sugar free made with Truvia
Lemony sunshine in a sugar free bar. I use Truvia and these turn out every bit as delish as the ones you love. You can also use Splenda, but need to DOUBLE the measurements as ½ cup Truvia is equal to 1 cup Splenda.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Truvia Blend natural sugar replacer (not the packets)
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 large egg yolks plus 3 large eggs
- ½ cup Truvia Blend natural sugar replacer
- Zest of 2 lemons
- ⅔ cup lemon juice, about 3 or 4 lemons
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pulse the flour, Truvia, and butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse meal, 20 to 30 seconds. Transfer crumb to prepared pan and press firmly with flat bottom of measuring cup into an even layer over pan bottom.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until light golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, beat eggs with the Truvia in a medium saucepan. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice, whisk 10 seconds. Add butter and cook over medium heat stirring with a wooden spoon until the curd thickens to a sauce like consistency, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Pour onto hot crust and continue baking until the filling is shiny and the center seems firm but still has a slight jiggle, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool completely and cut 6 bars long by 4 bars wide for 24 pieces. Color varies depending on the color of your egg yolks.
- Dust with a little confectioners sugar or leave plain - depending on who will be eating them.