No products in the cart.
There is nothing more comforting than a bowl of homemade onion soup and while most of us have only savored this dish in a restaurant, once you see how simple it is, you will make it a family favorite. If you are a bariatric patient, fortify your portion of this soup with an unflavored whey isolate such as PURE, as this is not a protein food.
French Onion Soup
- 4 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth Swansons Natural Goodness Chicken Broth is a good choice
- 2 cups beef broth Swansons Certified Organic Beef Broth is a good choice
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Saute onions and garlic in the butter and olive oil until lightly browned and caramelized, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add white wine, chicken and beef broth and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of the nutmeg, or to taste - season with salt and pepper.