No products in the cart.
Shrimp Stir Fry with
I know people giggle about using a wok for an Italian dish but its a fast and flash way to toss around a few shrimp no matter what the country. I never buy precooked shrimp. I always cook them myself. Even for a shrimp cocktail I toss them around in a wok and then let them cool. I like to concentrate the shrimp flavor rather than having it escape into the pot of water.
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and cleaned - I buy the size that is on sale
- 2 tablespoons Progresso Italian Seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 medium leek - cleaned and sliced. If you have not tried a leek they are subtle onion flavor
- One small red chili pepper, finely sliced, practically shaved
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Toss shrimp with the seasoned crumbs in a medium bowl. This small amount will not coat the shrimp, but add a bit of seasoned crisp flavor.
- Heat your wok over high and stir fry the leeks, garlic and chili pepper in olive oil for a minute until fragrant and softened. Move vegetables to the side, add the shrimp in a single layer and leave them alone for 30 seconds to get a bit of color. Then toss to finish cooking for just 2 to 3 minutes, until done. This depends on size of shrimp.