No products in the cart.
I took this dish to a pool party and it disappeared in minutes!
It’s easy, it’s tasty, and it’s good for you. Crisp lettuce holds the warm sauced chicken and pickled vegetables. Very bariatric friendly! It will remind you of the famous PF Chang dish.
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound chicken, minced or ground - buy freshly ground white meat or finely hand chop a chicken breast
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeds scooped out, very thinly sliced
- 1 large carrots, shredded using largest holes of grater
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or peanut oil
- ½ cup stir fry sauce - I use House of Tsang spicy Szechuan - a superb short cut
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained rinsed and diced
- One head of butter or romaine lettuce, separated into large single leaves, rinsed and dried on paper towels
- Toss the chicken in a medium bowl with the soy sauce and set aside.
- Mix cucumbers and carrots in a small bowl and toss with vinegar and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to pickle.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a wok or non stick skillet on high heat until hot. Add the chicken but do not move it around much at first so it will develop a golden sear and brown. Stir fry 2 to 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the scallions, water chestnuts and stir fry sauce. Cook until juices have blended with the sauce and chicken is glazed, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon chicken into serving bowl and serve with the lettuce leaves. Make 'tacos' using the lettuce, chicken and topping with the pickled vegetables. I love this dish!