No products in the cart.
Pan Roasted Chicken & Vegetables
My go to supper when I am too busy to think. 5 minutes in Fresh Market for chicken, vegetables and a lemon. It all goes in one pan to roast at high temp while I chill out with a glass of wine! Use different vegetable and citrus combinations. Zucchini and carrot are good with lemon but fennel and onion is fantastic with tangerine!
- 4 pieces chicken - legs and/or thighs or 2 breasts cut in half
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 small tangerine, lemon, or lime
- fresh rosemary
- olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper
- Get out your oven skillet and turn on the oven to preheat to 425.
- Arrange the chicken in the skillet, add the vegetables around the chicken, cut lemon in half and squeeze over everything then add the lemon pieces to the pan, drizzle chicken and vegetables with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt, pepper and the rosemary. Just strip the 'needles' from the stem and toss them with vegetables and on the chicken.
- Pop your pan into the hot oven and roast 30 to 35 minutes until golden, with softened vegetables and lots of beautiful pan sauce. Test for doneness with an instant read meat thermometer - dark meat should read 175, if you are only using white cook to 160.