No products in the cart.
Cheddar Cheese Brownies
After bariatric surgery softer protein foods made from eggs and cheese provide protein and an easy to eat texture. Tasty too! Show up with a pan of these at your next barbecue or holiday table and smile when your dish is the first to empty! i grew up in the tiny Vermont village of Marshfield, one town over from even smaller Cabot. The Cabot Creamery has made the best tasting Cheddar for many years and I am forever brand loyal! While we are chatting about cheese, a couple of tips. Please do not buy shredded cheese. 1. It takes a couple of minutes to grate a block in your own kitchen. 2. Cheese you grate yourself melts better 3. Pre shredded cheese has chemical additives to keep the strands separate. 4. A chunk of cheese is less expensive than pre shredded.
- 8 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, freshly shredded (Cabot makes 75% lower fat cheddar that works very well in this dish, but fat free is no go)
- 2 medium jalapenos, seeds ribs stems removed, minced
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray an 8 inch square baking dish with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Arrange the shredded cheese in the baking dish. Scatter with minced jalapenos. Blend the milk, flour, egg, salt, pepper and Sriracha until well combined and slowly pour the batter over the cheese and jalapenos in a thin stream so it does not disturb the arrangement.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes, until slightly puffed and lightly browned. Cool 15 minutes and cut square pan into 5 x 5, so you will have twenty five cheddar brownie squares.