No products in the cart.
4th of July Flag Cake! Sugar Free and Delish.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- zest of one lemon
- ¾ cup Truvia for baking
- 6 ounces Fage Greek yogurt - either Total or 2% is fine
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Jell-O Instant Vanilla Pudding powder
Stars and Stripes
- Fresh Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a jelly roll pan with non-stick vegetable spray and line with wax paper or parchment.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, rub together the lemon zest and Truvia using your fingers, until evenly moist and lightly colored. Whisk in the Greek yogurt, melted butter, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture and blend until combined. Spread in sheet pan and smooth top.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown, top has risen and cake is set. Let cool on wire rack for 15 minutes, invert onto rack and cool completely. Peel off parchment or waxed paper and cover until serving.
- Begin whipping the cream with an electric hand mixer and when starting to thicken add the pudding powder and continue to beat until fluffy. Vanilla Cream can be made in advance to spread on cake and top with berries just before serving.
- HOW TO DECORATE
- Individual Flags
- Spread cake with Vanilla Cream and cut cake into index card sized flag rectangles. Decorate with Raspberries and Blueberries.
- Whole Flag
- Cut cake in half. Spread half with half of the cream. Transfer second layer. Spread with remaining Vanilla Cream. Decorate with Raspberries and Blueberries