No products in the cart.
Shrimp Caesar. Et tu Brute!
A classic salad on nearly every menu. The newsflash is that you can make a better version in your own kitchen. One of those dishes that is perfect for when it is Too Hot To Cook!
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- a few grates of Lemon zest
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon anchovy paste (if you are truly opposed to this ingredient, leave it out, but you should be more open minded as it makes the dish)
- pinch salt
- a few grinds black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- tiny cubes Parmesan cheese, optional
- 8 ounces peeled cleaned shrimp, for two servings
- Whisk together the mustard, zest, lemon juice, anchovy paste, salt, pepper, olive oil, and 1 tablespoon Parmesan until creamy in appearance. Remove a teaspoon of the dressing and toss with the shrimp to coat.
- Sear the shrimp in a small smoking hot nonstick pan for 2 to 3 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Toss romaine lettuce with enough dressing to lightly coat, divide between two plates, top with remaining grated and cubed Parmesan and place shrimp.