No products in the cart.
Protein is an essential nutrient that your body needs to fuel the burning of stored fat, feed hair growth, repair tissue, and keep your bones and cartilage strong. If you’ve had bariatric surgery, but would like to eat your protein rather than sip a drink, no worries… after years of experience we’ve got ideas for using protein powder you may not have thought of!
Here are 8 ways you can easily incorporate Inspire protein powders into the foods you eat.
- If you enjoy yogurt in the morning, all you have to do to get more protein is add Inspire Protein Powder to your bowl. Top it off with a few sliced almonds and fork mashed berries to enhance your breakfast’s nutritional value. HINT: Use Inspire by the spoonful instead of the scoop for bariatric sized portions of yogurt. I add Inspire Pom Razz Berry to my Greek Gods plain yogurt and berries.
2. Make a fancy protein coffee. Dissolve a scoop of Inspire Powder with regular or flavored sugar free creamer in your mug and then fill with hot coffee. You will even get a lovely soft cappuccino foam on top! Inspire Caramel Latte is my favorite to blend with sugar free Coffeemate creamer.
3. Pour your fancy protein coffee from above tip over a tall glass of ice for a chilled protein latte!
4. Oatmeal alone can cause carb overload and sleepiness, but you can create that warm cinnamon nut flavor by stirring Inspire Vanilla into warm no sugar applesauce with nuts nuts and a little raw diced apple for texture, taste and nutrients.
5. Add Inspire to a fruit & yogurt smoothie to create a protein meal or snack. You don’t have to limit yourself to just breakfast on this one. Blend a cup of cubed fruit with a glop of yogurt, a scoop of Inspire Vanilla Protein Powder and 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened almond milk to make it drinkable. Add a teaspoon of Truvia or 2 teaspoons Splenda as needed. Blending with a handful of ice is optional and adds thickness and volume you may not want!
6. For a creamy Raspberry Tiramisu treat, blend 1 scoop Inspire Caramel Latte, 1 teaspoon Jello sugar free Vanilla Instant Pudding powder, and 1 cup ricotta in the food processor until creamy. Top with raspberries or swirl in Smucker’s sugar free Raspberry preserves.
7. For a smooth treat, stir Pure or Inspire protein powder into a yummy roasted organic baby food flavors – we use Sprout or Plum brands. Roasted peach with Inspire Summer Melon to be off the chain delicious! If you use another brand, read the ingredients list for hidden ‘added sugar’ in the form of Grape or Pear Concentrate! Sneaky sneaky. No fruit juice concentrates in the ingredients.
8. Make a black bean bowl, if you prefer savory over a sweet dish. Warm a cup of seasoned black beans or black bean soup. Melt 1 tablespoon of PURE Unflavored protein powder into the beans. Pour over a scoop of cottage cheese in a bowl and top with shredded cheddar.
Think outside the box and look at protein powder as an ingredient to add to other foods. The BEST protein to use? Hands down, for easiest blending, best tasting and best nutrition use Inspire Protein Powders. With other brands these ideas would be good but bariatric surgery is tough, make life easier and go for great!