No products in the cart.
This recipe is air fryer perfect as the high temps really seal in the juices.
So few ingredients and so much flavor! I use store bought Jimmy Dean Sage sausage as it is tasty and lean. A great lunch in an Inspire VIP CLUB lunch bag with baby greens and pickles. All this goodness is enhanced by a quick mustard sauce made with Greek yogurt, mayo and Dijon mustard.
Scotch Eggs. Tasty Bariatric protein!
- 6 large eggs
- ¾ pound Jimmy Dean Sage or homemade recipe of sausage
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat air fryer as per directions - I used the 390 setting. If using convection toaster oven, preheat to 400 degrees.
- Place eggs into a large pot of cold water, bring to a boil, immediately reduce to a simmer/low and cook for 7 minutes. Drain hot water and run under cold water. Peel and set aside.
- Divide the sausage into six equal portions. Roll one sausage portion between two pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper so it is fairly even in thickness and the size of a small pancake. Remove the top sheet, wrap egg, peel off the bottom sheet and quickly work to completely encase the egg using fingertips. As you finish each egg, pop onto a dish in the refrigerator to firm up the sausage.
- When all eggs are finished, roll in Parmesan to lightly coat. Arrange in the air fryer basket. (or on Pam-sprayed baking sheet) and air fry or bake until golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Scotch eggs can be eaten warm, cold or at room temperature.