No products in the cart.
Cheesy Bacon Quiche Bites for Bariatric Breakfast!
This true 'no crust' recipe makes between 6 and 12 mini quiches depending on the size of your muffin moulds. You can even use a tiny one that makes 16 to 24 true bite sized quiches. Watch them, they are easy to overcook and you ideally want them to be a little undercooked as they continue cooking after removed from oven. Really delicious and very versatile. You can even bake this recipe in one 8 inch glass pie plate. Again watch the timing after 30 minutes as you want it to be a little jiggly in the center. TIPS: Add the bacon to the very top on top of the cheese instead of in the egg mixture so it remains crisp. You can vary ingredients - chopped broccoli or ham is a great combo with a smoked cheddar.
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- ½ cup Carnation 2% evaporated milk (adds nice creaminess but you can use milk)
- 1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar (I grate my own Cabot or Sargento)
- 2 green onions, white and light part, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- a few grates of nutmeg (buy a couple of whole nutmeg to grate into egg dishes... so good!)
- 4 slices bacon, diced - cut cold bacon into ½ dice, then cook until crisp, drain
- Special equipment: having a silicon muffin pan is cool as you can make these in all shapes, but a regular one is fine too.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non stick vegetable spray if not using silicon pan.
- Combine the eggs, milk, 1 cup cheese, green onion, salt, pepper, paprika, and nutmeg.
- Pour into muffin cups. Top each quiche bite with a bit of shredded cheese and bacon bits. Bake until just set near center but still have soft jiggle. Allow to cool before removing. Serve warm or at room temperature.