No products in the cart.
‘Faux Carb’ Cheesy Mashed ‘Potatoes’
We are not going to really fool anyone, but have created a delicious dish in its own right! The yogurt gives the creamy mash the tang of a baked potato with sour cream. This is a perfect texture for bariatric eating because a little on the fork with any protein turns it into a soft moist chew. A really nice dish for short ribs or beef stew... something simmered with gravy. This is also a great new post op dish as its a wonderful, easy to digest puree to which you can add our PURE Unflavored Bariatric Protein Powder.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped
- Sea salt
- ¼ cup chicken broth, I use Swanson
- ½ cup grated sharp Cheddar, I use Cabot Vermont brand (plus additional for topping)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nonfat Greek yogurt, I use Fage
- 1 garlic clove, minced and mashed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Add the cauliflower and a pinch of salt to a boiling pot of water and cook until very tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain well then dry well by turning out onto paper towels and pressing down with more paper towels - this is a key step. Add the hot cauliflower to a food processor with the broth, cheese, olive oil, yogurt and garlic - process until smooth. Stir in a pinch of salt and pepper to taste and top with additional cheese.