No products in the cart.
Super Fast Italian Meatball Soup
Keep these few items in your pantry for a night when you don't have time or you don't feel like heading to the store. It's on the table in under ten minutes. You can of course get fancy and add diced zucchini and fresh basil but it's quite good as is. New Swanson Tuscan Broth adds the flavor to the soup where you don't have to chop and simmer for an hour. It's very delicious and really makes the dish! I used to add pasta sauce as it would season plain broth but once I found the Tuscan Broth, a simple recipe got even easier!
- One 32 ounce carton Swanson Tuscan Chicken or Chicken Broth
- One 15 ounce can Petite Diced tomatoes, or if you are using plain chicken broth use 2 cups prepared pasta sauce such as Mario Batali or Gia Russo (look at ingredient list and choose one without added sugar)
- One 20 ounce can Progresso White Cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- One package Aidell's 'Italian Mozzarella' Meatballs (near supermarket hot dog section)
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the broth, tomatoes, beans and meatballs to a medium pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer five minutes. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with parsley and cheese.