No products in the cart.
Outrageously good! You will want to use leftovers to top you ricotta cheese or plain yogurt. It makes a beautiful crimson sauce for my sugar free Cheesecake, and a spoonful with a scoop of sugar free Pumpkin Custard is off the chain. Why do we only make this bowl of deliciousness at Thanksgiving! I love it for my Greek yogurt year round.
Cranberry Sauce - Sugar Free
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- One jar Smucker’s Sugar Free Preserves, any flavor – I like Cherry best, but use Orange, Strawberry, Blackberry or Raspberry
- One 12-ounce bag whole fresh Cranberries
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Truvia or Splenda if needed for additional sweetness
- Empty the preserves into a heavy saucepan and heat over medium low for 3 to 4 minutes until they soften and melt.
- Add the cranberries and cinnamon; stirring constantly while mixture comes to a boil; cook until berries begin to pop. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until the sauce is glossy and thick. Crush some of the berries against the side of the pot with your wooden spoon. Stir in the Truvia or Splenda to taste and cook 5 more minutes before removing from heat to cool.
- For a smooth sauce, place in blender and pass through a wire strainer using a rubber spatula.
- Transfer cooled mixture to a covered bowl and chill until ready to serve.