No products in the cart.
Maryland Shrimp Spread & Salad, for new and old post ops alike!
I practically lived on this early on as it is an excellent texture for a first puree food when the shrimp are ground a little finer. Shrimp are soft and gelatinous - easy to eat. My original version of this dish called for all mayo, but recent popularity in Greek yogurt has slimmed this down and improved on the original. This is a great appetizer or party food when served with cucumber rounds; just leave the shrimp a little chunkier for texture.
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Hellmann's Reduced Fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Fage Greek yogurt
- 3 scallions minced
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning - this is a brand of crab seasoning sold in most supermarkets
- Chopped flat leaf parsley
- For salad, place whole shrimp in bowl. For spread, pulse shrimp in food processor until ground but still chunky then transfer to bowl.
- Place scallions, mayonnaise, yogurt and Old Bay in food processor and pulse until scallions are very finely minced. Scrape flavored mayonnaise into bowl with the shrimp and parsley, then fold to combine.