No products in the cart.
Pot Roast. Like a Hug from my Italian Grandma!
- 2½ to 3 pound boneless chuck roast
- Sea salt freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cups red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- One 15 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and halved
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoons cornstarch
- Season the roast with salt and pepper and deeply sear in olive oil in a Dutch Oven or heavy covered pot.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until softened. Add wine, stock, tomatoes, carrots and thyme, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 3 to 3½ hours until tender and begins to separate when pressed with back of large spoon.
- Remove roast to a platter. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons cold water. Bring gravy to a boil, stir in the cornstarch and cook 2 to 3 minutes until glossy and thickened. Slice or push on the meat with the back of a spoon to break up into serving pieces and sauce with carrots and gravy.