No products in the cart.
I have lived with a Sugar Jones my entire life and have successfully not used real sugar since 2001 when I had my RNY bariatric surgery. Once every week or so I make a wonderful sugar free treat that keeps me happy and away from sugar. This is one of those simple desserts that is super easy and tastes GREAT. This pudding is a vanilla lovers dream!
Easy Vanilla Pudding (and better than a box!)
Author: Susan Maria Leach for BariatricEating.com
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- 2¼ cups milk - I use 2% organic milk. Do not use almond milk or coconut milk as it will not thicken.
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- ⅔ cup Splenda granulated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine cornstarch, salt and ¼ cup of milk in a medium saucepan and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the egg yolks and then the remaining milk.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook until the pudding begins to thicken and just starts to bubble, 5 to 6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and using a rubber spatula, stir constantly, scraping the bottom and sides of the pan, cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Splenda, butter and vanilla extract until the butter had melted. Pour the pudding into four 4 ounce ramekins or custard cups. Chill in the refrigerator until set, about 1 hour.