Cheesy Chicken Zucchini Bake

Prep time
Cook time
Total time
  • 3 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced, 1 inch cubes
  • 1½ pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
  • One, 28 ounce can Petite Diced Hunts Tomatoes
  • ½ cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
  • ¼ cup pitted kalamata black olives, halved
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 cups shredded Italian cheese, mozzarella, provolone, fontina blend
  1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. In a large baking dish toss the chicken, zucchini, peppers, olives, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil add cheese and bake until cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.

17 thoughts on “Cheesy Chicken & Zucchini Bake

1. michelle pena says:

This looks like a fabulous recipe, I was wondering what the stats are on it. I watch my sodium intake and I see there are quite a few ingredients which have large amounts of sodium. Also does omitting these ingredients alter the flavor in a big way?

Thank you for your compliment! I like it too. We don’t do nutritional stats as ingredients and portion size are subject to vast interpretation. Its always best to learn to calculate them for yourself using or other online apps.

Oh my my! I make this quite frequently… I don’t drain my tomatoes… BUT I use the kind with a thick sauce. IF you ever try it again, I would suggest either draining the tomatoes if you dont buy the thick kind or adding half at a time. This really turns out beautifully and I am sorry it didnt turn out great for you and your family! I am sure it tasted good!!!

2. Carrie Burger says:

I made this tonight for my husband and I and it was delicious! I did drain off most of the water, next time I’ll look for the tomatoes in the thicker sauce.

3. Edie says:

I made this last night it was great! Mine was soupy too, so next time I will drain tomatoes of if I can’t find tomatoes with thick sauce or maybe use fresh tomatoes. Also I used a can of green chili’s on stead of pepperoncini, I like spice but others don’t. It was delicious will definitely make again. In fact every recipe I’ve tried of yours I will definitely make again.

4. dcvahcic says:

I made this evening, but omitted the peppers and olives and doubled the Italian seasoning. It was very watery, next time I will drain the tomatoes, but it was very delicious! (Yes, raw chicken cut into small pieces). My 20 yr. old son loved it! For him, I made spaghetti noodles and scooped it on top for him, but for me I omitted the noodles (obviously!). thank you so much for sharing!!

5. [email protected] says:

Made this tonight “Awesomesauce”