No products in the cart.
No Sugar French Yogurt Cake
My Aunt Mickey will be visiting for a few days... she is diabetic. This is perfect for an evening dessert on our patio! It is lemony, super moist and really delicious. My husband loves a slice of this cake with berries and whipped cream! Try it.
Author: Susan Maria Leach for BariatricEating.com
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- freshly grated zest of one lemon
- ¾ cup Truvia Baking Blend sugar replacer
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a loaf pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Whisk together to combine in small bowl the almond flour, flour, baking powder, salt - set aside.
- In a large bowl, with your fingers, rub together the lemon zest and Truvia. Whisk in the yogurt, butter, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Blend in the flour mixture. Transfer into loaf pan and smooth top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until golden brown, top has risen, and thin skewer inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool on wire rack for 15 minutes, invert onto rack and cool completely.