No products in the cart.
This dessert is not what it appears to be! It is actually simple – a completely sugar free almond flour shortbread cookie spread with no sugar peanut butter cream as a base for flag inspired fresh fruit!
Bye Bye Miss American Pie! No Sugar Added.
This is a Showstopper! It is super low in sugar with grams from just the fresh fruit and a cup of Cool Whip. Everyone will smile when they see your American Pie. It's not super low in carbs but its not all for you, silly wabbit, it's for the party! Every year we go to a crazy friends house for a 4th of July Fireworks extravaganza. Everyone drinks... eats... laughs... drinks... and then the men light torches and set off HUGE boxes of fireworks that rival those in nearby towns. Have a great 4th!
Author: Susan Maria Leach for BariatricEating.com
Shortbread cookie crust
- 1 large egg white
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup granulated Truvia or ½ cup Splenda
- ½ teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- One 8 ounce package Reduced Fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed
- Blueberries, bananas, strawberries
- Smuckers Sugar Free Preserves - use a seedless flavor
- Blend egg white, almond flour, Truvia, almond extract and salt.
- Pat the dough into a round tart pan or parchment lined pizza pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees until golden and firm to the touch, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Blend cream cheese with peanut butter until smooth using a hand mixer, then gently fold in cool whip. Cover and chill.
- To assemble: spread even layer of peanut butter cream to ¼ inch of edge of crust. Arrange fruit into flag design as shown. Melt preserves over low heat and glaze fruit with the back of a small spoon. Chill for about an hour before serving.