No products in the cart.
This recipe is genius for low carb high protein eaters. The crust is made from freshly ground and seasoned chicken and topped with pizza flavors.
The secret to this recipe is a Screaming Hot Preheated Oven… otherwise your chicken crust will steam and give off lots of liquid and not a lot of browning. THIS RECIPE IS OFF THE CHAIN! Margherita toppings of sliced tomato gives a light feel and flavor but we also have a recipe for more traditional toppers!
Chicken Crust Pizza #nocarbpizza #bariatricpizza
Author: Susan Maria Leach for BariatricEating.com
- One pound ground (raw) chicken breast or tenders - (if ground chicken not available, use 3 small boneless breasts, chopped in food processor)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup freshly shredded part skim mozzarella
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- ½ cup prepared pasta sauce
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 or 5 basil leaves, rolled and sliced
- Toppings - lets not go crazy with fat - I love thinly sliced summer tomatoes!
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper or foil sprayed with non stick vegetable cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the ground chicken with ¼ cup parmesan, ¼ cup mozzarella, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and ½ teaspoon oregano.
- Mound the chicken mixture onto the parchment and pat into flat rectangle or disc. Cover with plastic wrap and evenly press or roll the chicken into a 7x10" rectangle or round. I use a rolling pin to get it super thin.
- Remove the plastic wrap and roast until golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Smear crust with sauce, scatter with ¼ cup Parmesan, ¾ cup mozzarella, layer with fresh tomato and season with a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes and ¼ teaspoon oregano.
- Pop back into hot oven and cook until melted and bubbly 6 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and scatter with chopped basil.
I hand chop fresh boneless chicken breast, as it is much less expensive, takes just a minute and I know its not full of water like the supermarket stuff. I do not recommend turkey for two reasons 1. because I want a light clean flavor for my base and 2. supermarket turkey is garbage soft tissue parts – veins heads lungs yuk – that I don’t want to eat.
This is our most popular recipe! Try it. Here are some of YOUR Chicken Crust Pizzas!