No products in the cart.
Taking a tray of these our our friends July 4th BBQ as our pot luck offering. They really taste like a bite of a Shrimp California Roll. Everyone will love them as they are not identifiable as ‘diet food’, yet great for me as a bariatric post op.
Wasabi Shrimp Bites
Author: Susan Maria Leach for BariatricEating.com
- 12 large raw shrimp, cleaned
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon bottled Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 hothouse or English cucumber, cut into 12 half inch rounds
- 1 large ripe avocado, cut into 12 pieces about the size of your shrimp
- Wasabi sauce (available in jar/bottle or blend 2 teaspoons wasabi/2 tablespoons yogurt/1 teaspoon mayo/salt&pepper)
- Sriracha sauce
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and sear them in a screaming hot pan for just 30 seconds on each side, until just cooked through. Remove from hot pan so they do not overcook. Cool and toss with stir fry sauce.
- Arrange the cucumber slices on a decorative tray, top with a shrimp, avocado piece, a bit of wasabi sauce, a few drops of Sriracha sauce. Skewer with a bamboo pick. So easy. So yum.