No products in the cart.
We have favorite TV shows and anticipate watching them. Sometimes it is nice to have a sweet treat to nibble while watching. Just because we had surgery does not mean we have to forgo occasional sweets, as long as they do not have added sugar and are in line with our new way of life. These fit the bill! They are the perfect plate while watching The Voice. My Fruit Jellies are really delicious and easy to make.
No Sugar Blueberry Jellies
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 2½ cups berry or fruit puree - use about 2½ to 3 cups frozen or fresh, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Truvia zero calorie sugar replacer stevia blend
- ¼ cup Knox unflavored gelatin powder, about 4 to 5 envelopes
- Heat the blueberries, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and Truvia in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until berries become tender and begin to soften, releasing their juices.
- Purée in blender, magic bullet or immersion blender. Strain and measure 2 cups puree back into the saucepan. Stir in remaining lemon juice.
- Sprinkle that gelatin over the top of the fruit puree mixture. DO NOT STIR. Leave it for 5 minutes to bloom and soften. Then stir to combine. Gently heat over medium high and stir to dissolve the gelatin, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour into a 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 glass dish. Refrigerate until set, 30 minutes to an hour. Cut into small squares. You could also pour into small cute molds to create shapes. I have used a small silicon ice cube tray!