Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Pasta
I broke down and bought a veggie spiral gadget. It's a giant pencil sharpener for zucchini. The strands are super tender and easy to eat. This a really tasty dish as the sweetness of the shrimp, toasted garlic lemon and seasonings coat the veggie pasta, yum! It comes together fast, so make sure that you have everything out before you start cooking.
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup white wine or chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tuscan Seasoning or Italian Seasoning, to taste
- Sea Salt and black pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 2 medium zucchini, cut using a spiralizer or gadget into long spaghetti type noodles, pat with paper towels to remove liquid and set aside (do this just before cooking)
- Cook the garlic in the olive oil in a deep wok or skillet over medium high heat until toasted and golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Turn heat to high, add the shrimp and toss until just turning pink, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to bowl with the garlic.
- Add the lemon juice, wine, crushed red pepper, Tuscan seasoning, ½ teaspoon salt, lots of freshly ground black pepper to the hot pan and boil until slightly thickened and reduced, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini pasta and toss until well coated and softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, garlic chips and give a final toss to combine.