No products in the cart.
I make these all the time. This can also be called a crustless quiche. Its great for breakfast, lunch, supper, or snack. It’s filling and delicious and bariatric friendly. It can be served hot, room temp or cold. You can use lots of different vegetables or change out the cheese. You’ll understand why this is a classic trattoria food in Italy, France and Spain! Enjoy.
Sweet Pepper and Cheese Frittata
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 1 cup sliced red, orange, yellow sweet peppers
- 1 hot pepper, red or green sliced
- a few small grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup part skim ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg - do not skip this ingredient - trust me
- 4 ounces Cabot Cheddar cheese - shredded by hand on a box grater
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Saute the peppers in the butter in a non stick skillet over medium high heat until softened and golden. Add the tomatoes to the pan, season with salt and pepper and set aside off burner to cool.
- Beat eggs, ricotta, milk, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and nutmeg in large bowl. Stir in cheese and cooked vegetables. Pour filling into prepared pan and bake until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes. Cool slightly before cutting into wedges.