No products in the cart.
This stew speaks Fall! Tender, melt in your mouth, super flavorful, easy to eat and absolutely delicious. One of my favorite meals.
Smokey Chipotle Pork Stew
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into one-inch cubes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- One 12-ounce bottle or can beer
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 medium canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and minced, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or ½ teaspoon dried
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high. Season the pork with salt and pepper and brown on all sides. Transfer the pork to a bowl and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are golden and slightly browned around the edges, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the reserved pork, beer, broth, chipotles, adobo sauce, rosemary, and tomatoes. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until the pork is fork-tender, about 1½ hours.